In this document “we” and “myenergi” refer to myenergi ltd.
myenergi is the “data controller” for your personal data. This means that we have a legal responsibility for how we collect and handle your personal data.How to Contact us
If you have any questions in relation to this privacy notice and or your personal data then please contact us via DPO@myenergi.com .
Alternatively you can contact us in writing at
Data Protection Officer
Pioneer Business Park
Personal information (or data) is any information relating to you and that alone or together with other pieces of information gives the person that collects and processes such information the opportunity to identify you as a person. It can be your name, some form of identification number, your location data, or information related to your physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social life.
Processing of the information means any action with your personal data, for example, collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, use or disclosure by any means
We may collect the following types of personal information from you when you purchase or use myenergi services or products:
- Contact details; information that allows us to contact you directly such as your name, email address, telephone number, and postal addresses associated with your accounts or order.
- Myenergi account details when you download and use the myenergi app, you will be asked to register your devices with us and create an account. The information includes hub serial number, your password, and the hub name, but may also include your contact details, such as your name, address, and email address.
- EV charging logs; myenergi account will, when myenergi devices are connected to the internet, collect EV data to comply with The Electric Vehicles (Smart Charge Points) Regulations 2021 (“Regulations”).
- Energy consumption, export and generation data; recorded when the myenergi devices are connected to the internet, so that this data can be presented in the myenergi app and online account.
- Transaction information; records of the products and services you purchase from us.
- Payment information; credit/ debit card details and bank account details you provide to make payment for the products and services you purchase from us.
- Delivery information; information relating to the delivery of our products to you.
- Installation and service history; records relating to the installation of our products at your home or property and information relating to the servicing of that product.
- Device information; information about the smartphones, mobiles, computer or other electronic devices you connect to our products, website or myenergi app. Such as details about the type of device which include but not limited to unique device identifying numbers, operating system, browser, IP address, service provider and mobile network.
- Responses to surveys, competitions and promotions; we keep of any surveys you respond to or your entry into any competition or promotion we run.
- Records of your discussions with our customer support teams; when you share comments and opinions with us, ask us questions or make a complaint we will keep a record of this. This includes when you send us emails, phone or customer service teams or contact us through social media such as through Twitter or our Facebook page.
- How you use myenergi products and services and their performance.
- How you use the myenergi app and our website; when you use the myenergi app or our website we collect information about the pages you look at and how you use them.
- Location information; we will collect information about your exact location when you choose to share that with us. For example, you may set up your myenergi app to change settings when you are home, to do this you will need to share the location of your mobile device with us.
You are not required to provide any of the personal information described above to us however, if you don’t you may not be able to use our products and services or the functionality of our products may be reduced.1.4 What do we use your personal information for?
It’s important that you understand what we do with the data that we hold about you.
|Provide our services to you and maintain your account||All the personal information we collect(*)|
|Take payment for our products and services||Transaction and payment information|
|Deliver products to you||Delivery information|
|Answer your queries or complaints||All the personal information we collect (*)|
|Maintain and improve our products and services||All the personal information we collect (*)|
|Data analytics and statistical research to help us better understand how our products are used and make suggestions and recommendations to you about the use of our products||
|Staff training||All the personal information we collect (*)|
|Develop new products and services||All the personal information we collect (*)|
|Determine products and services that may be of interest to you||All the personal information we collect (*)|
|Validating referral scheme applications||Contact Details|
|Investigating misuse of your account, fraud and debt collection||All the personal information we collect|
|To comply with The Electric Vehicles (Smart Charge Points) Regulations 2021 (“Regulations”) and to provide reports on energy usage||EV charging data|
|Providing data, for instance in the myenergi app or myaccount, on energy usage, generation etc||Live power readings and historic data on energy consumption, export and generation|
(*) Does not include your payment information.
We may anonymise and aggregate any of the personal information we hold (so that it does not directly identify you). We may use anonymised and aggregated information for purposes that include testing out IT systems, research, data analysis, improving our site, apps, products and developing new products and services.1.5 How do we collect your personal data?
We will collect your personal data from a number of sources, these include the following:
• Directly from you – for example, when your create your myenergi account, purchase products/ services, forms we provide you, enter competitions/ promotions, contact us by phone, email or communicate directly in some other way.
• Our website, app and myenergi products – provides us with information about how you use them and the devices in your home that you connect to them.
• 3rd party companies – provides us with information to help deliver our products and services to you, and to understand you better.
• Installers and service engineers – who will provide us with information about the installation and maintenance of myenergi products.
We take technical and organisational measures to ensure the personal information is processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of information including protections against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage. For example, we make sure that access to our systems containing personal information is only allowed to our employees if they have a genuine business reason for accessing that data.
Where we share personal information outside myenergi, for instance as part of a research project, then the data is anonymised before it is shared with the project partners.1.7 How do we collect your personal data?
- We share your personal information with the following parties:
- Other companies’ apps and products: for the purpose of providing our apps, products & services.
- Installers and service engineers: so that they can book appointments with you and provide installation and product maintenance services.
- Delivery companies: to deliver products that you have ordered from us.
- Other service providers and advisors: such as companies that support our IT, help us analyse the data we hold, process payments, send communications to our customers, provide us with legal or financial advice and generally help us deliver our services to you.
- Market research: occasionally we may ask our market research partners to contact our customers to help us find out how to improve our products and services.
- Third Party Partners: Where you have specifically allowed us to share your personal data with at this party, for instance, in order to take part in a research project or where you have agreed that you myenergi products can be connected with another company’s products or services.
- The Government or regulators: where we are required to do so by law or to assist with their investigations.
- Police and law enforcement: to assist with the investigation and prevention of crime.
- Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets.
We do not disclose personal information to anyone else except as detailed above. We may provide third parties with aggregate statistical information and analytics about users of our products and services but we will make sure no one can be identified from this information before we disclose it.
Under no circumstances will we disclose data to third parties not specified here for advertising purposes.1.8 Transferring your personal data internationally
The personal information we collect may be transferred to and stored in countries outside of the UK. Some of these jurisdictions require different levels of protection in respect of personal information and, in certain cases the laws in those countries may be less protective than the jurisdiction you are typically resident in. We will take all responsible steps to ensure that your personal information is only used in accordance with this privacy notice and applicable UK Data Protection Laws.1.9 How long do we hold the data and how do we delete it?
In accordance with the marketing preferences you set when creating your account or that you set with us at another time we may contact you by email, push notifications via the myenergi app, text, mail, or phone with information about products and services we believe you may be interested in.
If you tell us not to email, send push notifications, mail or phone you with direct market we won’t contact you in that way. You can let us know at anytime that you do not wish to receive marketing messages by sending an email to email@example.com. You can also unsubscribe from our marketing emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the email we send you.2.2 Advertising on other websites and apps
We work with our advertising agencies to show you advertising about our products and services on websites or apps that you visit, at a time and in manner that we feel is relevant to you. To do this, our advertising agencies use anonymised information about the websites, apps, social media content and ads you interact with or view when connected to the Internet, to make sure the advertising you see is more relevant to you. The techniques our advertising agencies use (to determine what advertising to show you), recognise the device you are using but are not aimed at you as a named individual. Typically, cookies and similar technologies are used to target this type of advertising, read more in ‘Cookies’ Section.3. Service Notifications
The myenergi app will send service notifications by email, or directly to your device through the app, when we have something important or interesting to make you aware of or you have asked to be notified about certain events relating to your myenergi products.4. Cookies
You have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used.
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you.
- The right to opt-out of receiving direct marketing messages.
- The right to request the correction or inaccurate personal information we hold about you .
- The right to request the blocking or deletion of your personal information where the processing does not comply with applicable data protection laws.
To exercise any of the above rights, or if you have any questions relating to your rights, please contact us by using the details set out at the top of this notice.
If you are unhappy with any aspect of how we handle your personal data you also have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the supervisory authority that regulates handling of personal information in the UK.
You can contact them by going to their website (https://ico.org.uk) , phoning them on 0303 123 1113 or by post to:
Information Commissioner’s Office
We are here to help and encourage you to contact us to resolve your complaint first.