We’ve got great news, both the 7kW and 22kW zappi have been approved by WA for their government ev charging grant, WA Charge Up.
If you live in WA and you’ve been asking: ‘What grants are available for EV charging?’ we’ve got the answers for you.
The first round of applications for this government ev charging grant has now closed but worry not; there’s still time to get covered for 50% of the cost of installing electric vehicle recharging infrastructure!Round 2 of the WA Charge Up Workplace Grant is open and will close Monday, July 30th 2023.
This $15 million deal, like many other EV charging grants in Australia, aims to help businesses afford EV charging infrastructure. Here’s more information on how you can use this EV charge grant to bag yourself Australia’s No.1 car charger, the zappi!
Funding will vary but is available for up to 4 EV chargers per site (for a maximum of 5 sites):
Your business could be eligible to receive:
- 50% of the purchase cost of level 2 (7 to 22 kW) EV chargers chosen from an approved list
- 50% of installation costs (up to $50,000 per site in the Greater Perth area and $10,000 per site in remote and regional areas)
- 75% of the cost of a 2-year EV charger software subscription, chosen from an approved list.
Charge Up is not exclusively an EV destination charging grant. Types of charging expected to be funded this round include:
- destination charging – charging at destinations that people typically spend a few hours at, e.g. cafes or swimming pools
- car parks – car parks of eligible organisations for employees and visitors to charge their EVs
- fleet vehicles – chargers intended to support fleets’ conversion to EVs.
It’s worth noting that the zappi v2.1 is approved for this WA charging grant and now supports OCPP!
Applications are likely to be accepted from:
- small to medium enterprises
- not-for-profits registered with the Australian Charities and not-for-profits commission (ACNC)
- local government authorities.
All eligible applicants must intend to:
- use the EV charger to charge during daytime hours (9 am to 5 pm) or overnight (9 pm to 9 am)
- install the EV charger at a location within WA.
Please note that charging in the evening peak period of 5 pm to 9 pm will not be supported by this ev charging grant.
For more information and to check if you’re eligible, please visit the WA Government website for more details: Charge Up Workplace EV Charging Grants (www.wa.gov.au)